Dental Cleanings for Healthy Teeth and Gums in Cary, NC
At Holistic Dental Centers in Cary and Cornelius, NC, we believe in the power of prevention. Providing comprehensive preventive care services to promote healthy teeth and gums and overall wellness is the foundation of our practice. That includes regular dental cleaning and check-ups that go beyond just taking x-rays and polishing your teeth to ensure that your teeth are clean and disease-free without compromising your overall health and well-being.
A holistic approach to professional teeth cleaning
Regular dental check-ups and teeth cleanings are great for your teeth and gums, but did you know that they are also a vital component in your whole-body health and wellness? Some examples of the mouth-body connection include:
- Gum disease: periodontal disease has been linked to various systemic health problems ranging from pre-term labor to heart attacks and strokes.
- TMJ disorder: misalignment in your jaw, stress, and a variety of other underlying issues can lead to TMJ disorder, which can dramatically affect your quality of life with symptoms such as daily headaches, jaw pain, and the inability to chew properly.
- Sleep disorders: in obstructive sleep apnea, the mouth’s soft tissues can collapse into the back of the throat when breathing, causing the brain and organs to become deprived of essential oxygen.
How does this all relate to seeing the dentist regularly? At Holistic Dental Centers, we do much more than just clean your teeth when you come in for your routine dental visits. In addition to using non-toxic materials while gently cleaning and polishing your teeth, we will use the most current tools and technologies to ensure that your teeth and gums contribute to your overall wellness rather than detracting from your health. That includes:
- Talking with you about any concerning symptoms you may be having
- Evaluating your bite and teeth to ensure that they are correctly aligned
- Checking for signs of oral cancer
- Providing you with educational information on how to take care of your smile at home
- Using digital x-rays and 3D scanning technology when needed to diagnose and plan your treatment while exposing you to less radiation than traditional x-rays
- Using biocompatible materials in every treatment we perform.
Holistic dental cleaning near me
If you live in the Cary or Cornelius areas and have been searching for a dentist who respects and treats you like the unique individual you are while taking your whole body health into account, you have found the right place! Call Holistic Dental Centers today at (919) 865-0700 in Cary or (704) 765-3150 in Cornelius.
Dr. Carl McMillan is a holistic dentist with a medical degree from the College of Dental Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina. Due to his expertise, he was honored with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) presidency. He is compassionate towards patients and committed to providing them with safe, toxic-free dental treatments to help them maintain a happy and healthy smile.
Dr. Luis Crespo obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. An IAOMT member, he believes prevention is the best medicine and strives to educate both patients and parents on the benefits of maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. He has served underprivileged communities across the world.