At Cary and Cornelius Holistic Dental Centers, Dr. Carl McMillan is a dentist who wants to provide the best in biocompatible care. Our team of professionals is here to help patients in enhancing their smiles, improving their oral health, and in finding ways to do so that are safe and appropriate for their smile and body. This is where a holistic dentist comes into play.
Holistic dental care is often overlooked. Many patients don’t understand the systemic link between the smile and the rest of the body. Dr. Carl McMillan dedicates his practice to offering dental care that focuses on the body as a whole. Because of this, patients can feel better about the care they are receiving.
A holistic dentist will avoid many of the common dental treatments provided in other dental centers, which may include:
- Fluoride – fluoride is a poison and can cause more harm than good
- Mercury – mercury is found in silver amalgam fillings and is the second most toxic element on the planet
- Root canals – this procedure can result in the development of bacteria within a tooth and cause problems throughout the bloodstream
- In-office power bleaching – teeth whitening with in-office power bleaching is avoided because it is ineffective and expensive, while causing sensitivity and unsatisfactory results
- Metal dental implants – our practice uses zirconium dental implants for tooth replacement and denture stability because the material is more aesthetic and biocompatible with the body
- Metal restorations – crowns and other metal restorations are avoided entirely because of the metal ions they introduce into the body
- Sealants – these are typically avoided at our practice because they may cover areas of decay that are already within the tooth
Patients in and around the area of Cary or Cornelius are encouraged to learn about the advantages of visiting holistic dentist such as Dr. Carl McMillan. Contact our practice today to book a consultation appointment and educate yourself further on the advantages of holistic care. We welcome new patients into our state-of-the-art practice and treat everyone like family!
Holistic Dental Centers
in Cary and Cornelius, NC offer many general and cosmetic options, designed to protect patients’ oral health, as well as overall health and well-being.
Dr. Carl McMillan
is a holistic dentist
with a medical degree from the College of Dental Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina
. Due to his expertise, he was honored with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
(IAOMT) presidency. He is compassionate towards patients and committed to providing them with safe, toxic-free dental treatments
to help them maintain a happy and healthy smile
Dr. Luis Crespo
obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery
from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. An IAOMT member, he believes prevention is the best medicine and strives to educate both patients and parents on the benefits of maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. He has served underprivileged communities across the world.
Dr. Erin Wilbanks
graduated from Louisiana State University School of Dentistry
in New Orleans with a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree
. She is an accredited IAOMT member, is SMART (Safe Mercury Amalgam Removal Technique) certified and is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry.