Replacing missing teeth is a necessity. If patients have had teeth extracted, or lost from disease or trauma, it is important to speak to a dental professional in the Cary, NC area about restoration. This should be done for several reasons. First, the smile needs to be complete or the gap can result in shifting of the existing teeth. This can cause spacing in the dental arch that can only be addressed with orthodontic treatment. Second, missing teeth can affect the function of the smile. Patients may not be able to speak clearly or chew their food for proper digestion. Third, patients may be embarrassed about the gap from missing teeth, especially if the lost tooth is in the front of the smile. Patients are encouraged to speak with a dentist who reviews replacement options and discusses the advantages of each. For many patients with an otherwise healthy smile, dental implants may be a beneficial method of repair.
At Cary and Cornelius Holistic Dental Centers, traditional titanium dental implants are not used. Instead, Dr. Carl McMillan encourages patients to visit his practice for zirconium dental implants. Zirconium dental implants are made of ceramic. Ceramic is a more holistic, biocompatible material that is better for the body and carries much less risk of problems.
Zirconium dental implants have many benefits. They can:
- Provide a long-term solution for missing teeth.
- Function, look, and feel like the natural teeth, allowing patients to feel confident with their new smile.
- Help the mouth retain its natural structure by maintaining the jawbone.
- Keep the smile from developing discoloration that is often associated with titanium dental implants.
- Provide a permanent method of repair unlike dentures, which need to be removed every day.
- Provide a metal-free alternative to traditional titanium implants.
- Last a lifetime with proper care.
- Stabilize full dentures that may otherwise slip or fall out with dental adhesives.
- In some cases, be covered by dental insurance.
Holistic Dental Centers
in Cary and Cornelius, NC offer many general and cosmetic options, designed to protect patients’ oral health, as well as overall health and wellbeing.
Dr. Carl McMillan
is a holistic dentist
with a medical degree from the College of Dental Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina
. Due to his expertise, he was honored with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
(IAOMT) presidency. He is compassionate towards patients and committed to providing them with safe, toxic-free dental treatments
to help them maintain a happy and healthy smile
Dr. Luis Crespo
obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery
from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. An IAOMT member, he believes prevention is the best medicine and strives to educate both patients and parents on the benefits of maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. He has served underprivileged communities across the world.