Fixing misaligned, misshaped, or broken teeth does more than improve the appearance of your tooth. It gives you back the smile you deserve and gives your self-confidence a boost to go with it. Dr. Carl McMillan of Holistic Dental Centers understand the importance of having a smile that you want to show off.
Cosmetic dentistry is an important part of the Holistic Dental Centers practice with an entire team of professionals who are experienced and skilled in creating the solution you need to ensure your smile is at its best. From fillings and bondings that match the shade of your natural teeth to veeners that can quickly cover cosmetic imperfections, you can rest assured that this team is committed to providing you with the least invasive treatment using the safest possible materials.
One popular procedure is the use of composite bondings to fix discolored, chipped, or cracked teeth. Composite bondings are safe, tooth-colored material that is prepare, molded to the tooth, smoothed, and then “bonded” to the tooth, using a special light. There are several advantages to dental bonding, including:
- There is typically little preparation needed and anesthesia is usually not needed. Unless several teeth are being bonded, the process can be performed during an office visit.
- It is considered to be the easiest and least expensive option for cosmetic dental procedures.
- Very little enamel needs to be removed prior to placing the composite bonding.
- Application of the bonding material and use of the UV light to harden the material is a simple and pain free process.
- Bonded teeth require no special care. Daily brushing and flossing along with regular dental checkups and professional cleanings are all it takes to care for the bonded teeth.
- The lifespan of the bonding materials on the tooth lasts for up to 10 years, depending on the amount of bonding that took place and whether or not you have habits that can damage the material, such as chewing or biting on hard items.
If you have small cosmetic improvements you would like to make to improve your smile, call Dr. Carl McMillan at Cornelius’ Holistic Dental Center today to schedule a consultation.
Holistic Dental Centers
in Cary and Cornelius, NC offer many general and cosmetic options, designed to protect patients’ oral health, as well as overall health and wellbeing.
Dr. Carl McMillan
is a holistic dentist
with a medical degree from the College of Dental Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina
. Due to his expertise, he was honored with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
(IAOMT) presidency. He is compassionate towards patients and committed to providing them with safe, toxic-free dental treatments
to help them maintain a happy and healthy smile
Dr. Luis Crespo
obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery
from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. An IAOMT member, he believes prevention is the best medicine and strives to educate both patients and parents on the benefits of maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. He has served underprivileged communities across the world.