Choosing a dental practice that works for your entire family can seem like a daunting task. You want a practice who can be gentle and calming for your children, motivate your teen to practice the best oral health care, and treat your own dental issues with care and safe materials. It may seem impossible to find all of those traits in one practice or one person.
In fact, there are a few things to consider when selecting a dental practice for your family.
- Do you like the dentist? Is he friendly? Do you feel comfortable asking questions? Do you feel like you are a priority? Ideally, you will enjoy visiting your dentist. He will remember your health and dental history, know the names of your children, and make you feel at ease discussing your treatment options.
- Is the staff friendly? From the time you walk in the door to the time you leave, are you treated with friendly respect? Does it appear that the team works well together? Finding a practice where the staff treats each other well is a good indication that they will treat you and your family well also.
- Is the office convenient? Hopefully you will be able to schedule many of your family’s appointments at the same time. However, it will still be helpful if the office is located near your office, your home, or your children’s school. Do they offer convenient appointment times and does the office run on time or do you spend hours in the waiting room? Your time is valuable and going to the dentist should never be a hassle.
- Does the dentist get good results? Talk to current patients or go online to see testimonials.
- Does the dentist care about your overall health as much as the health of your gums and teeth? Finding a dentist who can fill cavities and treat gum disease is nice. Finding a dentist who can treat your dental problems while ensuring that the treatment never negatively impacts your overall health is even better.
If you’ve recently moved to the Raleigh area or you’re looking to make a switch for your family, consider the Holistic Dental Centers. Dr. McMillan of the Cornelius Holistic Dental Center cares about the dental and overall health of your entire family. He is committed to getting to know you, as a person, and promise to work with you to choose the best treatment options for each individual in your family.
Holistic Dental Centers
in Cary and Cornelius, NC offer many general and cosmetic options, designed to protect patients’ oral health, as well as overall health and wellbeing.
Dr. Carl McMillan
is a holistic dentist
with a medical degree from the College of Dental Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina
. Due to his expertise, he was honored with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
(IAOMT) presidency. He is compassionate towards patients and committed to providing them with safe, toxic-free dental treatments
to help them maintain a happy and healthy smile
Dr. Luis Crespo
obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery
from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. An IAOMT member, he believes prevention is the best medicine and strives to educate both patients and parents on the benefits of maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. He has served underprivileged communities across the world.