Holistic Dental Centers have offices in both Cary and Cornelius, making the healthiest possible dental care convenient and available to a large portion of North Carolina. Our doctors consider the way every treatment will affect the overall health of the patient. Although dental veneers are frequently used as the treatment of choice for a smile makeover, a comprehensive approach can offer the best results. We don’t believe that you have to sacrifice optimal oral health for looks, and you don’t have to sacrifice aesthetics to protect your oral health.
Cosmetic dental procedures, such as porcelain veneers, may seem to be far removed from holistic dentistry, but it is actually a part of the whole body approach. Psychologists have found that smiling promotes physical and emotional health by releasing endorphins, which are natural pain relievers, and serotonin, which is a mood elevator. When people have healthy, beautiful smiles, they tend to use them more often. Smiling is a great defense against anxiety, apathy, and depression.
A healthy mouth is a necessary foundation for a genuinely beautiful smile. A dental makeover can address a number of separate dental problems, improving your oral health while beautifying your smile.
- Amalgam filling removal – Dental amalgam is 50 percent mercury, which is the second most toxic element on the planet. Amalgam also creates unsightly dark gray spots in your teeth. We are fully trained to remove the mercury laden amalgam fillings safely, which will protect your teeth from fracture, eliminate a toxin from your mouth, and the tooth can be restored with a biocompatible, aesthetic replacement.
- Replace missing teeth – Metal-free dental bridges can fill the unsightly gaps in your smile, improving aesthetics, and preventing the remaining teeth from leaning toward the gap. This will facilitate effective oral hygiene, reducing the risk of periodontal disease.
- Protect a damaged tooth – Porcelain crowns can provide strength and protection for a damaged tooth while restoring its beauty.
- Cover chips and flaws – Cosmetic bonding can be used to cover small chips and fractures, eliminating rough or sharp spots on the teeth, while enhancing their beauty.
- Change the size, shape, or color of teeth – Porcelain veneers can put the finishing touches on a beautiful smile, enhancing a patient’s confidence and self-esteem.
For a truly complete smile makeover, schedule a consultation at either of our locations. Call Cary (919) 865-0700, or Cornelius
Holistic Dental Centers
in Cary and Cornelius, NC offer many general and cosmetic options, designed to protect patients’ oral health, as well as overall health and wellbeing.
Dr. Carl McMillan
is a holistic dentist
with a medical degree from the College of Dental Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina
. Due to his expertise, he was honored with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
(IAOMT) presidency. He is compassionate towards patients and committed to providing them with safe, toxic-free dental treatments
to help them maintain a happy and healthy smile
Dr. Luis Crespo
obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery
from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. An IAOMT member, he believes prevention is the best medicine and strives to educate both patients and parents on the benefits of maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. He has served underprivileged communities across the world.