Dr. Carl McMillan of Holistic Dental Centers is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal oral and overall health. At his offices in Cary and Cornelius, they provide a full range of dental procedures, using metal free, biocompatible materials and safe techniques. However, they believe that education is the most valuable service they provide. When it comes to your health, what you don’t know can hurt (even kill) you.
You may think you eat right, but did you know:
- Vegetables today have less than half of the calcium, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, and riboflavin they had in 1951
- Multiple scientific studies have proven a significant decline in the nutritional value of food during the last 60 years
- Within the same time-frame, more than 70,000 new chemical substances have been introduced to our food
- The EWG (Environmental Working Group) lists over a dozen varieties of fish as unsafe for pregnant women, due to high mercury levels from our polluted waters. About half of the mercury in our waterways comes from dental offices, according to the American Dental Association.
- A researcher named Dr. Price studied isolated cultures in the 1930s and 1940s. He discovered that people eating nutritionally complete, native diets had healthy, properly aligned teeth.
Dangers of stress
How we cope with the world is as important as how we fuel our bodies. Stress can lead to nighttime teeth grinding (bruxism). Antidepressants and antianxiety medications are also known to cause grinding of teeth, along with a host of other side effects. Clenching or grinding teeth can cause excessive wear, fractures, and other tooth damage. It also contributes to TMJD, a painful jaw condition associated with headaches, facial pain, hearing difficulties, and more.
Stress can also result in oral health problems such as:
- Periodontal (gum) disease
- Burning Mouth Syndrome
- Canker sores
- Lichen Planus
- Dry mouth
What you can do
A healthy mouth doesn’t exist in an unhealthy body. A healthy body doesn’t live an unhealthy life. Every step you take towards better health in any aspect of your life will benefit your overall wellbeing.
- Remove any metal (especially amalgam) from your mouth
- Choose organic fruits and vegetables
- Eat healthy, raw foods
- Manage your stress
- Eliminate toxins from your environment (home, work) as much as possible
- Choose a holistic dentist who understands that health is an all-encompassing concept, and what is done to your mouth will have an impact – be it positive or negative – on your overall wellbeing.
To learn more, or schedule an appointment with a leading holistic dentist, call (919) 865-0700 (Cary) or
Holistic Dental Centers
in Cary and Cornelius, NC offer many general and cosmetic options, designed to protect patients’ oral health, as well as overall health and wellbeing.
Dr. Carl McMillan
is a holistic dentist
with a medical degree from the College of Dental Medicine of the Medical University of South Carolina
. Due to his expertise, he was honored with the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
(IAOMT) presidency. He is compassionate towards patients and committed to providing them with safe, toxic-free dental treatments
to help them maintain a happy and healthy smile
Dr. Luis Crespo
obtained his Doctorate of Dental Surgery
from the West Virginia University School of Dentistry. An IAOMT member, he believes prevention is the best medicine and strives to educate both patients and parents on the benefits of maintaining a healthy mind, body, and spirit. He has served underprivileged communities across the world.