Dental Crowns Cary
- A good restoration option
- Long lasting
- Provides Protection
Acting as a dental treatment that protects broken or damaged teeth from any future hindrances, crowns tend to last a very long time. They are a type of dental restoration that completely covers a tooth or dental implant, almost like wearing a cap for protection. Crowns have a strengthening capability and act as a support, binding a tooth together. This is why many dentists prefer crowns instead of dental fillings, particularly large ones, as fillings can have a weakening effect on the tooth where they are placed. While dental fillings depend on a tooth's remaining structure for support, and generally can't protect a tooth, dental crowns can safeguard a tooth from forces such as biting and chewing.
A dental impression is usually prepared by your dentist to construct the crown. Made of safe and bio-compatible material, crowns can change your smile and level of confidence. Dr. McMillan almost always prescribes treatment for a patient using crowns when he believes that the tooth in question is excessively damaged or beyond the help of a filling. Even though your damaged tooth may be in good condition, its structure will pose questions. In order to prevent further breakage and damage, a crown will be placed to provide protection and aesthetics.
More than one dental visit is usually required to complete your crown. Patients are often advised by the dentists at Holistic Dental Centers to treat their crowns with the same intensity and importance as maintaining normal teeth. Therefore, patients are expected to brush and floss their teeth and crowns regularly to reap the full benefits of the treatment, in addition to enjoying good oral health.
Visit Dr. McMillan today and let him take care of all your dental problems!
- When are dental crowns needed for tooth restoration in Raleigh?
- The dental crowns process in Raleigh, NC
- Raleigh smiles can be repaired beautifully with porcelain dental crowns
- Raleigh residents ask, “What are dental crowns?”
- What kind of dental crowns are available in Mooresville, NC?
- Mooresville area dentist can repair a cracked tooth with dental crowns
- Patients in Raleigh seek porcelain dental crowns for various reasons
- Dental crowns can protect teeth for Raleigh area patients
- Why patients in the Cornelius are should seek out Holistic Dental Centers for the best dental crowns
- When might patients in Mooresville, NC need dental crowns?